The Learning Place
WHAT IS THE LEARNING PLACE?
- Bayside Academy's supplemental educational center that is located in the Library.
- The Learning Place at Bayside Academy (also known as LP) seeks to assist students with learning differences to reach their full potential.
- We support students as they overcome learning challenges in a positive, encouraging environment.
- The Learning Place works with students, teachers and parents. We believe that communication among these three constituents is a key factor in the students’ success.
The goal of the Learning Place is to equip all students, qualifying for services with the strategies necessary to be academically successful within Bayside Academy’s rigorous college preparatory curriculum.
We provide services to students who need an adjusted environment for testing-only as well as those who need varying degrees of remediation or academic support in specific subject areas, study skills or organization.
- Students may be enrolled from 1-5 sessions per week or for unlimited test taking.
- Each LP session is one-on-one or small group (one teacher to two students maximum).
- The LP currently employs two full-time teachers to provide specific interventions and instructional sessions for students with learning differences.
- Students in grades 3rd - 12th who qualify for services in the LP are required to maintain current psycho-educational testing which must be updated every three years.
- Students recommended for Targeted Instructions sessions in grades PK - 2nd are not required to have testing on file to receive services; however, instructional screening may be necessary to provide appropriate intervention.