Changing the Landscape
The vision of “Anchor the Future” was grounded in Bayside’s mission of educating the whole student, which was established by the school’s founders. It is the culmination of years of hard work of teachers, administrators, Board members, parents, alumni and friends. Many thanks to the individuals who worked diligently to make “Anchor the Future” the most successful campaign in the history of Bayside Academy.
We are thankful to the following Foundations and Matching Gift Companies for their commitment to Anchor the Future: The Crampton Trust, The Compton Family Foundation, The Community Foundation of South Alabama, The Education Foundation, Marian “Mitzi” Yanamura Foundation, The Medtronic Foundation, McLean Family Charities, Lillian C. McGowin Foundation, The O’Meila Foundation, The Pfizer Foundation, Point Clear Polo Foundation, Skyros Benevolent Society.
After seven years, a multitude of generous gifts, the tireless efforts of committed volunteers, faculty and staff (and a construction crew that seemed to never sleep!), just look at what we’ve accomplished!
This campaign has allowed the following:
- Enhanced playground area & Additional Parking
- State of the Art Track and Athletic Seating for 500 people
- New Learning Center classroom building for grades 3-6
- Renovation of Mitchell Hall into a Learning Center for Grades 1 & 2
- A Performing Arts building including Theatre seating for 400 people
- New Soccer, Track & Field Locker rooms, Public Restrooms and Workout Athletic Facility